DEATH VALLEY, CA – Death Valley National Park announced plans to open two additional campgrounds for the winter season.
Texas Springs Campground will open on Monday, November 13. Sunset Campground opened November 3. Both campgrounds will remain open until the middle of April.
- Furnace Creek (154 sites) – open
- Sunset (270 sites) – open
- Texas Springs (92 sites) – will open Nov. 13
- Stovepipe Wells (190 sites) – open
- Emigrant (10 sites) – open
- Wildrose (23 sites) – open
- Thorndike (6 sites) – open until closed by snow
- Mahogany Flat (10 sites) – open until closed by snow
- Mesquite Springs (40 sites) – closed due to storm damage
The park expects a large influx of visitors for Thanksgiving week.