CLOVIS, Calif. (Dec 21, 2017) — The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input for the California 2018 Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle. Part of the grant process, is gathering input or project ideas that individuals, and organizations would like to have included in the 2018 submission. This feedback will be considered in development of the preliminary grant applications and as final applications are prepared, for the 2019 State OHV grant funding proposal.
On Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018 the SNF will host an open house at its forest headquarters located at 1600 Tollhouse RD. in Clovis, between 6 and 8 p.m. to allow for public review and comment on the preliminary 2018 grant cycle application(s). Feedback from the meeting and the public comment period will be considered in the development of preliminary grant application(s) being sent to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division.
2018 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to remember:
• Wednesday, Jan. 17 – SNF open house for public review and comment
• Friday, Jan. 19 – Public comments due to SNF for consideration
• Monday, Mar. 5 - Preliminary applications are due to OHMVR by 5 p.m.
• Tuesday, Mar. 6 to Monday, April 2 - Second public review and comment period
• Monday, May 7 - Final applications are due to OHMVR
• May 2018 – OHMVR Division reviews final applications
• Monday, Jun. 4 - Application Results / Intent to Award posted on the State OHMVR Division's website (http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1164)
• Tuesday, Jun. 5, 2018 to Wednesday, July 4, 2018 Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period.
• Thursday, Jul. 5 - Final awards posted on the State OHMVR Division's website upon resolution of any appeals
For more information please contact Sierra National Forest Recreation Officer, Jody Nickerson, at 559-297-0706 x 4943